Moving Regina to Halifax
Moving to a new province or territory can be stressful and challenging to manage, but we are here to help! We take the necessary steps to ensure a smooth process from start to finish, ensuring you update you every step of the way.
Moving price and distance between Regina and Halifax
Moving is, for many, a significant and quite stressful step. If you consider the distance between Regina, Saskatchewan, and Halifax, Nova Scotia, which is around 4082 km (a long road, eh?). The average moving cost from Regina to Halifax varies between $1050 and $7800 (including taxes) and might depend on any of the following factors:
- Loading and unloading time;
- The size of cargo;
- The distance between pick-up and delivery address;
- Type of loading and unloading area;
- Other extra services (furniture assembly or disassembly, packing, storing, etc.)
But no worries, whether you move for work, education, or personal reasons, Halifax will welcome you with its clean and cozy vibe, its greenery and nature, while also being active enough to make you feel alive.
Major routes from Regina to Halifax
There are two ways to get from Regina to Halifax by plane or car. It’s up to you what to choose.
I recommend you to fly from Regina to Halifax since it’s the fastest way to get to your new home. A flight from Regina International Airport (YQR) to Halifax Stanfield International Airport (YHZ) includes a 29 min transfer. The approximate travel time is 8 hours. It’s if you estimate your time.
- A taxi from Regina Downtown to Regina International Airport (YQR) takes approximately 5 minutes.
- The Flight from Regina International Airport (YQR) to Halifax Stanfield International Airport (YHZ) usually takes 6 hours 47 minutes.
- Bus from Silver Dart Dr. At Halifax to Halifax takes 40 minutes.
There is another option for your travel. It may take a lot longer, but this trip will be unforgettable!
- The journey by car via Trans-Canada Highway takes approximately two days of non-stop driving. But a better option is to stay for a night in a hotel, thus, stretching your journey for two-three days.
I recommend you choose to travel by air because there are many border restrictions on the US border. In any case, verify COVID-19 border restrictions and read travel advice and advisories before going.
My best ideas on how to save money on booking movers?
You can also save some money when moving. A good piece of advice would be to skip scheduling the moving service on the weekends, as they are more expensive, and not book anything last minute. Keep in mind that the end of the month is usually the busiest, which adds price to the moving cost. There are also specific periods in which moving cost is lower, the so-called offseason. There is a big chance for you to pay less if you relocate between October and April.
When taking these into account and with a team of professionals, your moving will be much less stressful, and we strive to do precisely that.
Important: if you are not sure that you can disassemble and assemble furniture without damaging it or without a significant investment of time – contact professional movers.
I will tell you about the moving insurance and how it works
I want to remind you about liability insurance. It provides you the essential protection of goods for no additional cost. The way it is calculated and how much of the expenses it covers might vary. It is better to get informed ahead of time from your insurance and moving company.
Once you decide to relocate, my advice is to pack and plan. You might require Cross Country Moving (moving from one coast to the other) or Long Distance Moving (when moving a significant distance, that can take up to 3 weeks). Camovers provides professionals in both these services.
Let’s calculate your moving costs
I found certain factors that will determine the price of your relocation, such as:
- weight of the items,
- any extra services required,
- and the distance of the move itself.
Experts calculate it. Also, use our online moving calculator. It is 100% FREE.
This tool uses an easy formula: weight of your belongings in the truck minus the weight of the car.
Why were you advised to choose professional movers when moving long distances in Canada?
We are no newbies to our field of activity, having performed moving at different scales for many years. As qualified professionals, we offer:
- Responsible and dedicated team for packing and moving;
- Clear moving inventory lists;
- Affordable quotes and an extensive tour of the area;
- Recommendation letters for our movers;
- Flexible schedules;
- Professional packing and moving equipment. It helps to reduce any damage.
For coordinating prices, schedules and offering guidance to your moving crew if needed, we have our Moving Coordinators ready at any time.
Reserving the parking spot for your moving trucks
The moment you determine your moving date, you should consider reserving a parking space for moving trucks.
I should say not any space is suitable as a parking spot. So whether you’re moving from a commercial, residential, or another place, it has to be a legal place to park a truck.
If you live on a busy street, reserve a parking space in advance, near enough, as well as place a “No Parking” sign way before the truck arrives. If the destination street is narrow, announce this to the moving company beforehand!
What is the average weight of your household?
If you want to know the weight of your residence, I will tell you the industry standard (they are usually based on the size and weight of your cargo):
- a 1 bedroom house or apartment would weigh between 1000 and 3000 lbs,
- a 2 bedroom apartment or house would weigh closer to 6000 lbs
- a 3 bedroom house – up to 10000 lbs.
I want you to keep in mind that these are only approximated numbers. You will be charged according to the weight of your particular load.
What if you plan to move a piano?
Oh, dear music! Moving a piano, no doubts, requires a lot of strength. Indeed, pianos are infamous for their weight. So specialized that there are separate branches in the moving industry explicitly dedicated to moving these delights. You can find companies all over the country that target mainly this arduous task.
Not only are they quite heavy fellows (some weigh up to 1000 pounds, or even more) pianos also require special transportation conditions and are very expensive. Often, the piano comes at the top of the most valuable things a person owns, as its prices differ from a couple of thousands up to hundreds of thousands of dollars. It is an additional reason why moving a piano requires qualified specialists and extra attention.
What if hiring professional movers breaks your budget or just doesn’t work with your schedule? I know it is still possible to move a piano with friends or acquaintances, but if it weighs closer to 1000 pounds, or moreover if your house has narrow halls or steep stairs, I strongly advise investing in professionals.
Are you planning to relocate your car too? How to get the best deal from an auto transporter?
The quote game is at its peak when relocating a car. You should receive quotes from reputable car haulers to have a clear view of all your options. Also, receive quotes ahead of time to reserve your car shipping early on. It helps to assure you that your car will be safe and sound.
You should keep in mind that carriers are often booked out and that there is a limited number of transporting vehicles and drivers. You should be even more patient if you plan to move in the summer because it is in the summer when car moving services are incredibly high demand.
My recommendation to you – book ahead!
I will tell you the difference between an open-air carrier and an enclosed carrier?
Both are auto transport methods, but here are the apparent differences:
- Open-air carrier –The name speaks for itself: a carrier in open-air, you’ve surely seen one before. It usually has two levels and holds around ten cars. Some benefits of open-air carriers are their price, which is more affordable than an enclosed carrier, and their accessibility. But this type of carrier has some disadvantages as well.
Because it is open, your car will be exposed to different external factors and the risk of damage is higher. Also, because it is not an individual way of transportation, it carries multiple other cars, you are most likely going to wait more until some other cars will be delivered before yours will.
- Enclosed carrier – With this type of carrier all the pros and cons switch places. Because it is enclosed, your car will be much safer, and it will be transportable even through bad weather. It is especially valuable with expensive or rare cars. Moreover, because these types of carriers carry usually from one to five vehicles, you will surely receive your automobile much faster. The downside of this transport method is its price, but if you are willing to invest in your car’s safety, it is pretty much justified.
Who should you hire when moving from Regina to Halifax or other locations in Canada?
At Camovers, we are ready to perform any moving service you might need. We provide professional moving experts that will help you with any type of moves, small or big, residential or office local, cross-border or cross-province, in Regina, Halifax, or any other city in Canada.
Our streamlined services are available across Canada, so don’t hesitate to contact us whether you’re moving from your home near University of Regina or need us to relocate your items to your new residence near Saint Mary’s University.
Regina is just one of the cities we serve in Saskatchewan and across Canada. You can also depend on us for full-service moving in Calgary, efficient cross-province moves in Toronto, and are the leading long-distance Vancouver moving services in Ontario.
Contact Camovers now and enjoy a hassle-free relocation.