Moving Saskatoon To Vancouver
I know that moving is never easy, but it is an inevitable part of life. And whether you move often or are packing up your bags for the first time, this stressful process can take its toll on even the best of planners.
The good news is that even though moving can be pretty tricky, there are different ways to save time. I will share my favorite tricks to reduce the amount of work involved in the process and make it run smoothly. Sounds promising, right? Also, I’ll share essential information like prices, distance, moving tips, insurance, and much more!
Wondering how much it costs to move From Saskatoon to Vancouver?
To be fair, hiring a professional moving company could be expensive, but it will save you a lot of time and effort. Since the driving distance between towns is 1561,4 kilometers better, let a pro handle your move.
Wanna know how much it would cost to move from Saskatoon to Vancouver? The price could vary from $830 to $6010 (taxes included) because of the long distance.
I will describe how to get from Saskatoon to Vancouver
Fortunately, nowadays there are many options from which you can choose how to get from one city to another. You can choose the one that suits you the most!
The first option:
- To begin with, take a bus from Saskatoon to Airport Station (~ 21 minutes)
- Then fly from Saskatoon (YXE) to Vancouver (YVR) (~2 hours 16 minutes)
- After arriving at the YVR Airport Station Platform 1, hop into the Subway to Vancouver (~16 minutes)
The total travel time is 4 hours. It is the fastest option.
The second option:
A little bit longer, but still good to choose.
- Start your trip from Downtown Terminal West 2 to Airport Station (~ 21 min)
- Then fly from Saskatoon (YXE) to Abbotsford (YXX) (~ 4 hours)
- Take a bus from Abbotsford Airport to Vancouver (~1 hour)
Total travel time is 7 hours 30 minutes.
The third option:
- The driving distance between Saskatoon and Vancouver is 1 561,4 kilometers. Driving via Trans-Canada Hwy/BC-1 W will take about 11 hours of non-stop driving. Keep in mind that you have to make stops every couple of hours on the way, or even better, to stop somewhere for the night. Thus, the road can take at least two days.
Whichever option you choose, follow all coronavirus precautions.
Important: if you are not sure that you can disassemble and assemble furniture without damaging it or without a significant investment of time – contact professional movers.
I will show you how to compare moving companies in Canada
Research is your best friend when doing almost anything. It comes in handy when you choose a professional moving company for your move. Usually, there is so much information that confuses you, and when looking for specific details, it can make you feel hopeless even.
Sometimes, when you choose a long-distance moving company from your move from Saskatoon to Vancouver, you might find that it’s not always a highly rated company that will offer you the best service or price. And, contrary to that, sometimes a more prominent company might give you a better deal than, for example, a smaller one.
I cannot predict a win-win option for your unique moving project. What I can do is show you how to do your research. You will hire the best team possible to make your relocation easy and efficient.
Here are the main ideas from Camoves. Keep it in mind when comparing companies. Don’t worry; you will get the best value for your money!
- Know your objectives
The most important thing when hiring movers is to know early on what exactly you are looking for. Define your non-negotiable requirements. This way, you will save your time researching only the companies that meet your needs. Most Canadian moving companies have their information on their websites. There you can find their transportation capacity, coverage, and pricing information.
It is an easy step that will make your boat drift not on the open sea chaotically but with a well-determined plan and a thought of destination.
- Check out Reviews
Things get tough once you have to make your comparisons between moving companies. One of the best ways to start is by checking the reviews. People help people; this is why it’s essential to give an honest opinion on companies and services. When reading reviews, I would recommend you to pay close attention to people’s past experiences, especially what they have to say about the quality of moving service, availability, and pricing of a particular company.
I’m sure it is not a secret to you that budget plays a significant role when choosing a moving company. To spend your money most efficiently, I advise you to get moving quotes at Camovers and compare moving companies.
Our website provides at least five different offers for each area of the move. We do know that prices vary dramatically and how important saving money is for anybody.
The key factors contributing to the price of particular moving services are the amount of load and the difficulty of work involved when moving from Saskatoon to Vancouver. You can contact us directly at Camovers, for clear and accessible information, instead of reaching out to other unknown movers.
Preparing for your move
An early bird gets the worm. It’s the same for packing. It is sure better to start sooner than later; not only will it keep you organized, but it will also give you enough time to solve any problems that arise before the move. There are lots of things to do before your move. I want to share with you just the best hacks to start your movement on the right foot.
- Announce the utility companies soon
Call your utility companies the moment you know you are moving, so you will get some freedom getting this important one out of the way early. There’s no way for you to forget to do it until the last minute if you already called the utility companies weeks prior, right?
- Find a mover fast
At Camovers, you can find professional, top-rated, and qualified movers near you. It helps to avoid any discomfort for your moving project from Saskatoon to Vancouver.
- Set your budget
We know the expenses of moving, and we see the impact it can have on different people. To avoid any shocks at the end of the process, use our online moving cost calculator. It is the easiest way to estimate the approximate cost of your moving project beforehand.
- Consider your packing supplies
Before moving from Saskatoon to Vancouver, plan out all the packing supplies you need. Always prepare for a little more boxes because the packing process is unpredictable.
- Eat your food
Food is a privilege many do not have. When moving long distances, make sure you finish as much of the food already existing in your house as possible before you leave your place. You will avoid food waste and might even get to experiment with new recipes or cuisines before leaving. If you have good products you haven’t had the chance to open and use, you can always consider donating them or giving them to your neighbors.
My best advice is to pack attentively and strategically
Right, careful packing is the best way to ensure the safety of your belongings. It will protect all your possessions from damage while they’re in transit. My advice is to get many boxes of different sizes and enough packing supplies. Protective materials are also a must. You can also check with Camovers agents for discounts or sales on moving boxes and other supplies. Camovers support team will direct you to the appropriate moving company to grab as many packing supplies as you need.
I have extra tips to protect your move
- Ensure you have visible proof of the state of all of your belongings before and after moving. Take pictures of all of your possessions before relocating. Your things might not get damaged at all, but in case anything does, you will be able to file a claim having actual proof on hand.
- Choose a moving company with good reviews. You can find all the help you need at Camovers. We have an extensive network of reliable and reputable movers ready to be booked and hired. We provide only licensed and insured professionals. Make yourself comfortable and watch your move go smoothly.
Manage your car insurance while moving
- When you are a car owner, when relocating on considerable distances, like, for example, from Saskatoon to Vancouver, one of the first things that will pop in your head is whether or not you have to change your car insurance. It strongly depends on the province’s requirements, so you will have to inform yourself ahead of time about the necessity of changing your vehicle insurance.
- Generally, relocating requires many practical actions, like changing addresses, packing, operating your movers, just to name a few. With all of this in mind, managing your car insurance will be pretty straightforward, so your to-do list will be considerably smaller.
- There is a big chance that when relocating from Saskatoon to Vancouver, you will need to change your car insurance. It is because different provinces require different coverage levels for drivers. You might also need to switch your car insurance company to correspond with the province’s policies. The Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) points out that if you lower your coverage limit because your new area has lower coverage limit requirements, you also increase the risks. So before opting for reducing or increasing your coverage, I advise you to make sure to weigh all the good and bad aspects of it.
I’ll tell you how to compare self-storage facilities
If you decide to use self-storage facilities, the easiest way to compare these is to access Google or contact us at Camovers to ask about the storage options. Our moving members will provide you with quotes. Storage options vary according to
- distance from destination.
Some can also have unique features like
- climate control,
- drive-up or
- 24-hour access.
Some units can house
- boats, and
So they can be classified apart from others.
How to prepare items for storage
- Before randomly throwing your household possessions in storage, we recommend you get informed about all the specifics. These include proper packing techniques that will provide safety to your items.
- I also recommend creating an inventory list, asking about any possible restrictions, investing in supplies such as boxes and containers.
- It would be great to label your boxes and make sure all the items you store are dry and disassembled if needed.
I’ll share some helpful ideas on how you can move a pool table
We love some pool, don’t we?
Well, if you’re moving to a new house and think about carrying a pool table with you – honey, you’ve got a big storm coming! You might even require the help of professionals to do this task.
Why? Because moving a pool table is challenging, folks. Pool tables usually are some of the heaviest possessions, as they can weigh up to 1,000 pounds.
Moreover, they also require a complicated and tedious disassembly/assembly process when moving. Hire professionals to handle all the tasks involved, but knowing that not everyone can afford such expenses, it is still possible to move a pool table with friends’ help.
Who should you hire when moving from Saskatoon to Vancouver or other locations in British Columbia?
At Camovers, we specialize in performing a wide range of moving services, including hassle-free local moves, professional cross-border moving, and the best cross-province moves in Saskatoon, Vancouver, and other Canadian cities. Our streamlined services are available across Canada, so don’t hesitate to contact us whether you’re moving from your home near Remai Modern public art museum in Saskatoon or need us to relocate your items to your new residence near Vancouver City Hall.
Saskatoon is just one of the cities we serve in Saskatchewan and across Canada. You can also depend on us for full-service moving in Vancouver, efficient cross-province moves in Edmonton, and the leading long-distance moving services in Toronto. Contact Camovers now and enjoy a hassle-free relocation.