Moving From Vancouver to Montreal
Sometimes change is good, right? A long-distance moving project will bring new emotions into your life!
Price of moving from Vancouver to Montreal
The average move cost from Vancouver to Montreal may start from $2080 to $5900. Total depends on multiple factors, for example:
- The distance between loading and unloading places
- The number of working hours completed by movers
- Amount of heavy items
- Additional services like packing & unpacking
- Insurance coverage
The distance between Vancouver and Montreal
If you wonder what the distance is between Vancouver and Montreal, here is the answer: 2,287.23 mi (3,680.95 km).
Significant ways to get from Vancouver to Montreal
Probably you are wondering which is the best way to get from Vancouver to Montreal or vice versa. I’ll describe a few options for you:
As usual, a flight is the fastest way to get from Vancouver to Montreal. The flight from Vancouver to Montreal will take approximately 6 h 37 m and include 1h 10m transfer.
- Firstly take a subway from Vancouver to YVR-Airport Station Platform 1 (~ 25 min)
- The flight from Vancouver International Airport (YVR) to Montréal-Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport (YUL) takes (~ 4h 42 min)
- And the final route is a bus from YUL Aéroport Montréal-Trudeau to Montreal (~ 20 min)
- Drive from Vancouver to Montreal does take about 54 hours, an average of 8 hours behind the wheel each day. Such a trip is an excellent opportunity to explore Canada! Along the way, you may see lovely places, meet new friends and accumulate unforgettable memories.
Being a greener traveler isn’t as simple, but it’s possible. Choose one of the greenest ways to travel – train ( ~ 2 days 18 hours ).
- Start your trip from Vancouver Pacific Central to Everett Amtrak Station.
- Then take a train from Everett Amtrak Station to Chicago Union Station ( ~ 44 hours 16 minutes )
- The third switch is from Chicago Union Station to Detroit Amtrak Station ( ~ 5 hours 26 minutes )
- Take a taxi from Detroit Amtrak Station to Windsor ( ~ 12 minutes )
- Take a train from Windsor to Toronto Union Station ( ~ 4 hours 6 minutes )
- Then take a train from Toronto Union Station to Montréal ( ~ 5 hours 11 minutes )
I’ll explain how to travel safely during COVID-19
Read the specific safety requirements before your move:
- Try to avoid dining in crowded places
- Keep social distance at least 2m
- Wear a mask in public places
If you need more information about the current situation, visit the national COVID-19 website or call the COVID-19 Helpline at 1-833-784-4397.
You must know:
- Domestic border crossings may be subject to approval, testing, and quarantine.
- Regional restriction measures in place.
For further details: Government of Canada
Important: if you are not sure that you can disassemble and assemble furniture without damaging it or without a significant investment of time – contact professional movers.
How to find professional movers?
Moving for such a long distance requires a professional attitude. Rather than fully manage your move I advise you to hire a trustworthy company. It will allow you to relocate without spending extra time, money, and nerves.
- Firstly get recommendations from family and friends you know and trust. For sure, some of your friends and family will recommend proven companies.
- Start your google research, read reviews on homestars.com and mymovingreviews.com.
- And the easiest option is to fill in the moving quote. Depending on your needs, Camovers will help to find the best moving company.
Additional moving services that you might need
Moving can be one of the most enjoyable events in your life, but for this, you need to approach its organization with the utmost responsibility. Such a move – comfortable and inexpensive – will become a reality if you ask Camovers for help with the move.
We are ready to organize a range of individual services.
Besides moving your furniture, personal belongings, appliances, or equipment quickly and accurately, the movers can provide additional moving services:
- Packing and unpacking.
The maximum protection of property against damage during transportation is directly dependent on the packaging materials. All our moving companies use exclusively high-quality and modern packaging materials to ensure the safety of your furniture, dishes, clothes, and other property during transportation, loading, and unloading operations. Your treasured possessions will be in safe hands.
You may need to rent an inexpensive guarded module or container to store your belongings. A modern, carefully guarded complex of personal storage at your disposal.
- Disassembly and reassembly of furniture.
You may be surprised how difficult it is to disassemble and prepare your large furniture pieces for moving. If you are not sure that you can handle it by yourself – leave it to the movers; they are up to the task.
- Vehicle transit.
Are you moving to a new home and don’t want your vehicle being damaged during the move? Camovers have a vehicle transit service. You can trust professional movers to move your car/boat inside the truck.
- Handling of bulky Items.
From beds and dressers to pool tables and pianos, movers can lend a hand with the heavy lifting. Move your heavy furniture without sacrificing your back.
You might ask Camovers to find a company that can perform one of these moving services for a reasonable price.
What is the difference between moving as a student and moving as a family man?
Being an adult is recognizing your responsibilities. Being an adult and having a large family is to be responsible for each family member. Moving home with a big family requires a lot of planning and preparation:
- Get the kids ready for the upcoming change. Plan a visit to your new home before moving day to show your kids around; they tend to be full of curiosity and wonder.
Moving home could be an exciting adventure for the whole family! Let the kids help! If they are old enough to gather the toys all over the house, pack books and DVDs – ask to do it.
- You are making sure that your pets are taken care of. Decide how you are going to carry your pets. Prepare all necessary documents, food, and significant essentials.
- Start packing as early as possible to avoid the rush. Or you can call your movers and ask for professional packing services.
- Make sure everyone’s safe. Moving includes many dangers related to heavy furniture, strangers in the house, hazardous items, and so on. If you are not sure that you can keep an eye on the child, it is better to arrange for a babysitter to come.
It’s different when you’re a student! Moving alone will be much easier, faster, and less expensive. Everything you need is to look after yourself and prepare for this crucial step.
How to move your car or other vehicles from Vancouver to Montreal?
One of the best ways to move your car to a new city is to drive it yourself. If you’re moving a short distance, then I recommend choosing this route. But for a long-distance trail, the best way is to load your car onto the truck along with your furniture and other household items.
How to prepare your car for shipment?
Preparing your vehicle for a shipping process is very important if you want your car to arrive as expected.
- Wash your car.
With a clean car, you’ll be able to see any possible damage caused by the shipping process after it arrives at your new home. Besides, dirt and dust can pollute other belongings inside the truck.
- Disable the alarm.
To not cause inconvenience to the driver during the road, it is better to turn off all possible alarm systems.
- Leave as little fuel in the tank as possible.
A full tank increases the weight of your vehicle and also can lead to danger.
- Check for leaks or any damages.
If your car has some, get it repaired before moving day.
- Lock the car.
It seems obvious, but to reduce the risks of theft, lock your car.
I will explain to you how to ensure your load before moving.
No matter how the movers try to protect your belongings during transportation, occasional damages like scratches and dents may occur. For such cases exists the damage or loss claim policy. I advise you to read it attentively before the move.
- Basic liability coverage. As mandated by the Department of Transportation, your moving company should offer the $0.60 per pound waiver and release damages or losses. The basic liability coverage is extended at no additional cost.
- Premium liability coverage. When you file a claim, you’ll be compensated $2 per pound per item. The cost of premium liability coverage is 3% of the total weight of your load.
- Valuation Coverage. Although the standard coverage is $0.60 per lb., when a damage claim is accepted and processed, typically, our company will have the damaged furniture piece repaired by a professional furniture repair company we contract. If an item cannot be repaired or is lost, a replacement piece can be purchased. It is a coverage plan for up to $30.000. From what I know, the Valuation Coverage applies only to items packed by the movers.
Necessary: Premium and Valuation Coverage plans don’t apply to antique items (over 50 years old). Contact your moving agents to inquire about the cost of this coverage plan.
Who should you hire when moving from Vancouver to Montreal or other locations in Quebec?
At Camovers, we specialize in performing a wide range of moving services, including hassle-free local moves, professional cross-border moving, and the best cross-province moves in Vancouver, Montreal, and other Canadian cities. Our streamlined services are available across Canada, so don’t hesitate to contact us whether you’re moving from your home near Vancouver School Board or need us to relocate your items to your new residence near Villeray–Saint-Michel–Parc-Extension.
Montreal is just one of the cities we serve in Quebec and across Canada. You can also depend on us for full-service moving in Calgary, efficient cross-province moves in Toronto, and are the leading long-distance Vancouver moving services in BC.
Contact Camovers now and enjoy a hassle-free relocation.
Professional moving companies Vancouver to Montreal will cope with any difficulties!