Moving Kingston To Newmarket
Moving is the beginning of a new life. Let me tell you how to get started!
Obviously, you have to start by knowing the approximate price of the move. The price may vary from company to company and usually depends on multiple factors like the distance between point A and point B, the weight of your stuff and additional services. Drawing on my extensive experience in the area of moving I can estimate a rough price starting from $1100.00 – low price with tax; $6500.00 – high price with tax. Get your Free Moving Quote for a more accurate price.
How to get from Kingston to Newmarket?
For the record – the driving distance from Newmarket to Kingston is 286 kilometers (177 miles). Let’s see how you can get there.
Unfortunately, there is no option to fly as the distance between the two towns is quite short. But you can choose to travel by bus! The total duration of the trip is approximately 5 hours.
The road from Kingston to Newmarket via M25 and M11 takes about 3 hours of non-stop driving. Prepare some snacks, choose a nice place for a pit stop and go!
Pros and cons of moving to a new city
What does moving to a new city mean for you? Maybe it’s a chance to get a better job, make new friends, or meet true love? Whatever the reason, there are always pros and cons. I’m going to tell you about the basic ones:
Disadvantages of moving to another city
- Housing cost. When you move, you bear the loss of a fairly large one-time expense. Also, until you find a job in a new place, your regular income may decrease. You need to save money, but in cities with a better quality of life and greater financial opportunities, the cost of real estate is higher.
- Loneliness. You may be sorely missing old trusted friends. In a new place, people have a different culture and customs, so some things will seem strange or unpleasant to you. You will definitely miss your favorite places and especially your family and friends.
- Step outside of your comfort zone.
Advantages of moving to another city
- Employment, educational, and entertainment opportunities. A new city may offer lots of opportunities for you. Discover benefits such as a new job market, or a famous university.
- New social circle. You can start a new life in a new town. You will meet a lot of new people, each of them will have a huge impact on your life and define your future life. Be careful when choosing your friends.
Most likely you won’t meet the people who know you in the new city, so you’ll be able to leave bad people behind. The same goes for bad habits, they can be left behind.
- You’ll have encouragement to declutter your life. Get rid of everything you no longer need before the move, and you’ll have more space for new things in your new home.
Important: if you are not sure that you can disassemble and assemble furniture without damaging it or without a significant investment of time – contact professional movers.
How to move with special-needs children?
To make the moving process easier, turn it into a family mission with a clear plan of action and maximum participation in the move of each of your family members, including your children. It is important to prepare your children in advance for the thought of moving to another country. This will allow them to get used to the idea of moving, and also tune in to a new positive mood.
- Moving with special needs children you should start by finding a new school. Do your own research and read reviews about schools in your neighborhood. Equally important will be to talk with the head of the school and future teachers.
- Depending on the needs of your child, find a doctor and replace your current services and therapies.
- Make friends in advance. Find groups of people tailored to your groups of interest and the special needs of your child. It’ll help you to adapt faster to a new city.
How to protect large furniture when moving?
To protect large furniture it is important to know the main possible problems that may appear during transportation.
What are the possible problems when transporting furniture?
- Large or tall furniture may not fit in the truck.
- Furniture can be damaged when loaded into an elevator or truck.
- Fittings, shelves, and other furniture parts may be lost during transportation.
- Furniture can be very heavy – without special skills, it will be difficult to transport it yourself.
- It may be difficult to pack heavy and bulky furniture.
- It is necessary to understand in advance the total volume and dimensions of the furniture so that it all fits into the car (it is important to know how to arrange it correctly in the truck).
- Transportation of large sofas and wardrobes is a time-consuming process.
So, to protect large furniture you need to:
- Gather enough packing supplies (bubble wrap, blankets or towels, cardboard boxes, etc. )
- Clean and dust your furniture, it will help to prevent scratches and dirt in your new home.
- Dismantle furniture using an owner’s manual (if available).
- Wrap every piece of furniture correctly.
- In case you can’t handle it, ask professional movers for help.
Moving supplies: what you need and where to find it
Moving and packing become easier with proper moving supplies. I advise you to start by finding the correct boxes for each type of your belongings. You can buy it or even get it for free from:
- Grocery stores
- Liquor stores
Also, you can ask your movers to provide you with the necessary boxes.
You will need:
- Cardboard boxes
- Bubble wrap
- Moving blankets
- Markers for labeling boxes
- Packing paper
- Garbage bags
- Cleaning supplies and paper towels
How to get rid of unnecessary stuff?
How to start? List the items, then divide them into three categories. Go room by room and keep belongings that matter, others you can donate, recycle or throw away. Always seek to donate items in good condition. Such a way you can give your discarded belongings new life! Besides your family, friends, and neighbors you can donate to:
- Animal shelters
- Homeless shelters
- Rescue organizations
Do not forget about Facebook and Craigslist, many people are looking for the items you are about to give away.
How to move plants and benefits of having it at home
To begin with, I would like to draw your attention to the fact that flowers cannot be transported in a truck. You have to transport them yourself. You must be asking questions: How to do it right? I’ll explain to you:
Moving small plants
- Re-plant your plants from their ceramic pots into plastic ones. It will reduce the risk of breaking.
- Wrap every pot, leaving the plant unwrapped.
- If your plants are fragile, wrap newspaper around the pot to protect the flower.
- Place the crumpled newspaper in the box to hold the pot in place.
- Pack them last and place them on top of other boxes, or on the front seat.
Moving large plants
Take similar steps as you would with small plants, and:
- Wrap your plants with a towel or tissue paper to prevent branches from breaking.
- Control the temperature in your vehicle during the move. Too cool or too hot can damage your plants.
I understand that this is quite difficult, but it is worth moving your indoor plants because they have a lot of benefits. They can breathe life into your new home in Newmarket and make it look much better! By the way, household plants can help purify the air! And that is not all of the pros of having them at home. Flowers can increase your concentration and productivity, relieve stress and anxiety.
Who should you hire when moving from Kingston to Newmarket or other locations in Ontario?
At Camovers, we specialize in performing a wide range of moving services, including hassle-free local moves, professional cross-border moving, and the best cross-province moves in Kingston, Newmarket, and other Canadian cities. Our streamlined services are available across Canada, so don’t hesitate to contact us whether you’re moving from your home near Kingston Frontenac Public Library or need us to relocate your items to your new residence near Seneca College.
Kingston is just one of the cities we serve in Ontario and across Canada. You can also depend on us for full-service moving in Ottawa, efficient cross-province moves in Windsor, and are the leading moving service in Hamilton or Toronto.
Contact Camovers now and enjoy a hassle-free relocation.