Moving Kingston To Toronto
New town, new home, new life! Moving is always for the better!
I’m here to help you move hustle and bustle free!
Moving price from Kingston To Toronto and vice versa
Consider several factors that determine the accurate cost of your move:
- the number of heavy items,
- whether you want your vehicles moved as well,
- the weight of your furniture and boxes,
- the accessibility of moving out / in your home,
- number of floors, and
- additional services like packing, unpacking, etc.
For example, when moving from Kingston to Toronto, the price could vary from $880 ($1000 with taxes) to $4417 ($5000 with taxes). To figure out a more accurate price, fill in our moving quote!
The distance between Kingston and Toronto
Kingston is not that far from Toronto; the distance is 163 miles or 262 km. The driving time is 2 hours, 45 minutes.
How early should you book a relocation?
How long before you move should you hire the mover? My answer is as soon as possible! There is no difference between moving across the country or your new home is just down the street. I advise you to book your movers in advance.
You should know that the summer months are the busiest and the most expensive time of the year. I would recommend you to if possible to reschedule your moving date to another season to save money. If this is not possible, book your movers two months before your move date. The thing is, the sooner you book, the better deal you’ll get.
I want you to remember – weekends are also always a busy time for the movers, especially if you’ll be moving during the peak moving season. I recommend you book your movers ahead of time to save your time and money.
How to save money on your move from Kingston to Toronto?
Do you know how to move without extra unpredictable expansions? The following tips will help you to move cheaply regardless of driving distance. Write it down:
- Sell the excess. I would offer to go through your home and gather the items that you can sell. They should be in good condition, still valuable enough to sell. Make the most money on them as possible.
- Get rid of clutter. It’s my favorite: do not move belongings which you don’t use. Donate it or throw it away to save some space in the truck. Note on all the items you’re not going to be packing and decide how you’re going to get rid of these pieces.
- Use free packing materials. Ask your family, friends, and neighbors and find out if you can get some for free. Also, you can use: your socks to wrap glassware; kitchen towels to separate plates; search for people who are willing to give moving boxes.
- Strive to buy what you need in your new home. I know it’s not an easy task, all those beautiful things for the interior could be expensive. Put it off till later and spend money only on necessary things.
- Pack everything by yourself. We all understand that professional packing could be very tempting, but it will increase your moving cost significantly.
- Fill in the Moving Quote to find the best movers for a better price.
Important: if you are not sure that you can disassemble and assemble furniture without damaging it or without a significant investment of time – contact professional movers.
How professional movers disassemble furniture? Why is it important?
I know for sure that professional movers will carefully and efficiently disassemble and assemble your furniture. If you hesitate whether to have the movers do it or do it yourself, read how the pros handle it:
- It’s essential to disassemble bed frames before moving. Your professional movers will do it fast and hassle-free.
- Large mirrors will be taken apart from your furniture and wrapped intact to protect it. Safety first!
- The movers will remove the glass shelves from your bookcases and wrap them separately.
- Label all wrapped items because it helps with unpacking them.
What type of packing materials do professionals use?
Only the special packing materials are selected to ensure the safety of your furniture. You may see the following materials in the hands of professional movers:
- Cardboard boxes of different sizes,
- Shrinkwrap roll,
- Bubble Wrap,
- Floor runners,
- Mattress bags,
- Packing newsprint,
- Green boxes,
- Tape, etc.
I would recommend you inform your movers if you have oversized items that need to be packed or wrapped. In this case, movers arrive with extra packing and padding materials to secure the load.
Organize your essentials before the moving day
Good to know that there are some items your movers cannot pack. Keep in mind that all the delicate items, jewelry, documents, laptop, etc., won’t travel inside the truck. It should be packed and moved with you.
The movers don’t want to take responsibility for precious items, another thing to remember is: transporting hazardous items could be fatal. The following items should not be packed and transported in the truck:
- Heating agents
- Any type of gas in bottles or tanks
- Auto batteries
- Any other potentially dangerous item
Of course, your beloved pets also should not be moved in the truck. Read the guide on how to transport them correctly below.
You can be sure professional help will speed up and make your move easier.
How to relocate with pets from Kingston to Toronto
Moving requires quite a lot of forethought and planning, especially if you have pets. Moving turmoil can be stressful not only for people but for your pets too. It’s up to you to get them ready for the move!
Your pet is a precious treasure. Take care of it!
- Prepare all necessary documents for your beloved companion.
- Schedule a checkup with your vet. Please make sure that your pet has a robust enough immune system and will survive the trip. Check if your pet is up to date on vaccinations.
- Gather an easily accessible overnight bag that has enough food, water, and toys.
- Buy a pet carrier and bring their favorite toys. Also, I would recommend letting your pet spend time there before the move.
On the road
The most popular way to move with pets is car travel. You’d better get prepared.
- Take your pet on short rides before the move because of getting the experience of riding in the car.
- Pets (especially dogs) can feel when you are stressed out. Do not show that you are worried; otherwise, your pet will also start worrying.
- Take your pet out for a long walk with games. It helps to decrease some stress.
- I’d say it’s just like with kids – keep favorite snacks at hand during the road. We all know that snacks are calming.
- You may need a seat belt, no-spill water bowl, and a seat cover to protect your vehicle.
- You should know that when driving for a long distance you should spend some time to your journey. Be prepared to do extra stops along the way for bathroom and lunch breaks for your pet.
- My best recommendation for you is to check your companion as often as possible.
- Keep potentially hazardous foods, coins, and toxic liquids away from your pet.
- Carry with you a pet first-aid kit.
- Do not leave your pet alone in the car! There are many stories when leaving pets (even in cloudy weather) proved fatal.
Take care of your beloved pets, and the transition will go smoothly. It takes a few hours to drive from Kingston to Toronto.
Who should I hire when moving from Kingston to Toronto or other locations in Ontario?
At Camovers, we specialize in performing a wide range of moving services, including hassle-free local moves, professional cross-border moving, and the top-rated cross-province moves in Kingston, Toronto, and other Canadian cities. Our streamlined services are available across Canada, so don’t hesitate to contact us whether you’re moving from your home near Sydenham Street United Church or need us to relocate your items to your new residence near the Art Gallery of Ontario.
Contact Camovers now and enjoy a hassle-free relocation.