Moving Barrie to Airdrie
Planning to have a cross-province move?
Professional advice, questions & answers, best moving services for you at Camovers!
Educate yourself and make your moving project a smooth experience!
The average moving cost from Barrie, ON to Airdrie, AB is from $1,050 to $7,800 (taxes included). It depends on the total weight and the moving distance. That is about 3,151.4 km driving from the pick-up to the delivery location.
Factors that will affect your moving cost
Each move has its own price that consists of several factors:
- Duration of loading/unloading (hours);
- The distance of transportation (kilometers);
- Loading and unloading area (house, condo, office building);
- Weight and volume of the cargo;
- Additional services (packing, storage, consumables, furniture disassembly, etc).
The final moving cost is usually assigned by the dispatcher of the carrier company.
Distance from Barrie to Airdrie, major routes
It’s a huge distance between Barrie ON and Airdrie AB. There are 4 main routes:
- The route from Barrie, ON to Airdrie, AB via US-2 W takes 33 hours and the distance is 3,151.4 km.
- There is 3,369.97 km by car following the 1 W route.
- The route from Barrie, ON to Airdrie, AB via Highway 17 TC-1 and West Provincial Highway 19 takes 38 hours 07 minutes and the distance is 3,330 km.
- The estimated driving time for the trip from Airdrie, AB to Barrie, ON by car is 39 h and the main road for this route is the I 94. The distance on this route is 3644 km.
Don’t forget about the time difference between Barrie, ON, and Airdrie, AB is -2 hours.
If you have business planned in a new city for a certain time then set your watch the right way. You need to get used to living in a new time zone as early as possible.
Important: if you are not sure that you can disassemble and assemble furniture without damaging it or without a significant investment of time – contact professional movers.
Moving types & moving services
At Camovers you will find convenient and efficient moving services in Canada.
We all move for a reason:
- It could be a new work opportunity,
- Family reasons,
- Or just escaping and looking for a new challenge or different surroundings.
In all cases, you opt to use experienced and professional moving companies.
First of all, we recommend you choose a moving date.
The next step is analyzing what to take with you and what to leave.
Finally, get a moving quote from professional movers and compare quotes.
The moving quote usually depends on the moving size and distance. There are a couple of moving services that you might require:
Household Moving within your city or province
– relocating from one home to another. You may require additional packing service, packing supplies, furniture disassembly, and reassembly, storage service.
Long Distance Moving
– is when you are moving to a significant distance. This type of move might take from 1 week up to 3 weeks depending on the distance. All our moving experts will track your load and will update you daily/weekly upon request.
Cross Country Moving
– is when you are planning to move from the east to the west coast of the country. Moving from one side of Canada to another with our movers – is easy and safe. Only professionals, only top-rated movers at Camovers.
Cross Border Moving – is when you move to or from the USA. Usually, this type of move requires custom-related documents. A professional moving company will help you with the paperwork and will deliver your belongings in a safe manner.
– is when your office is moving within the city, city to city, or even cross country. Make sure you choose a moving company that is well equipped and has experience in office moving services. Hire professionals only!
– you might need storage space for a short period of time. At Camovers all our moving members provide storage, warehousing services. No worries, storage-in-transit is available for your belongings!
Moving insurance and how it works
- There isliability insurance. Usually, the liability insurance includes the minimum protection for your goods at no additional cost. Ask your movers about the insurance and how it calculates when you move from Barrie to Airdrie.
- Under basic insuranceusually moving companies offer a maximum liability. So your maximum liability will be calculated by multiplying the total moving weight of your items by $0.60.
- When you are moving very expensive items or it’s an office moving project, ask your mover about valuation coverage. This type of coverage could be provided for an additional fee. Based on valuation at the moment of pick-up, the value of your moving item will be refunded in full. When repair is needed, its cost will be refunded in full, if the item is broken.
- You might have heard about premium liability coverage. Ask your movers about this coverage too. There is $2 compensation per pound per damaged or lost items.
All our moving companies provide a range of moving insurances to suit your needs when moving a long distance like from Barrie to Airdrie.
What size of truck do I need?
The size of a moving truck depends on multiple factors. You can go through your home and make a list of your furniture and stuff, or you can entrust this task to our crew. The list of your belongings will help to understand what size of truck you may need.
What type of moving truck will arrive at my place?
Usually, the easiest method to understand what type and size of truck you need are by a number of bedrooms. Going along with our estimation saves time, but remember that we measure the typical set of furniture in any given room.
For example, a 2 bedroom house may consist of little furniture. But If the rooms in your home have a lot of furniture, you must assume that it will take up more time to load/unload it and more space in the truck. If you are not sure how many trucks you may need – get a moving quote, our moving experts will help you!
- Volvo Trucks
Our moving companies will use Volvo Trucks to transport your belongings from Barrie, ON to Airdrie, AB. You can be sure that all the furniture will arrive safe and sound in such a truck!
Volvo Trucks are one of the largest truck brands in the world. Volvos can be a good choice for the move. They do the job well together with the padding and moving materials that will cover your furniture to avoid scratches and breakages.
Volvo Trucks are huge and must be driven by real professionals! Parking such a truck is a challenge! But the good news is that we have such moving professionals!
Also we use another type of trucks – Freightliners. Those superior trucks built to deliver your property directly to the destination quickly and reliably.
Do not worry – our moving members will choose the most suitable truck for your individual moving project!
Professional moving companies at Camovers will cope with any difficulties!
Reserving the parking spot for moving trucks
Your moving date should be determined well in advance. Besides, you need to reserve a parking space for moving trucks.
When reserving a street space make sure it is an actual parking spot. The spot can be residential, commercial, or something else, but it must be legal to park a vehicle there.
Living on a busy street could be a problem. Reserve a parking space in advance to prevent unpleasant situations! It should be convenient for the driver to park and it should be easy for the movers to load and unload your furniture. “No Parking” signs should be posted beforehand the truck arrives.
Moreover you should inform the moving company ahead of time if you live on a narrow street and assume that the truck will not be able to pass!
What if you need a warehouse?
We are glad to announce that you have an opportunity to leave your storage to experts at Camovers!
Warehouse storage facilities are:
- Fully enclosed and climate-controlled
- Secure and monitored 24/7
All our moving members provide wooden pallets for your belongings that are stored in an air conditioned storage. Secure storage area is the best option to store your cherished belongings and any other objects of value.
Frequently asked questions about warehousing
We recommend you to check the top FAQ of warehouses.
What type of stuff can I store?
Any type of your personal belongings can be stored in our warehouse. It doesn’t matter what it is: furniture, clothes, toys etc.
Do you have a cataloged inventory of all belongings?
Yes, of course! All your belongings will be listed by the moving company before sending for storage.
Do you have an inventory protocol?
Usually the inventory protocol not only includes a numbered coding system, but it also features condition reporting.
Is access to the storage restricted?
Usually the security monitored storage warehouse only allows for access to company’s employees.
How to avoid a moving scam?
When moving locally or long distance make sure you hire professionals. Here are a couple of helpful tips for you.
- Once your moving company requested a list of times – provide with the weight indicated correctly. If you don’t know the exact weight – never underweight your items intentionally.
- Before hiring a moving company, ask for a contract first. Make sure you read the agreement carefully, do not sign the contract in a rush. And don’t sign the blank contract.
- Make your own research, read reviews, get advice, don’t hire strangers. At Camovers we work with moving experts only. Contact our movers and hire professionals.
- Make sure you understand what is included in the final moving bill. Get all the rates: hourly rates, travel time fee, additional stop fee, packing service, packing supplies, stairs, bulky and heavy items, etc.
How to get a trustful moving service nowadays? There’s a lot of scamming stories across the internet. But no worries, with Camovers – you are in a safe place. All the companies we work with are prescreened and highly reputable!
Do you need to ship a car from Barrie to Airdrie?
All our moving members provide car shipping service across Canada.
- Most of the companies ship the car inside of the truck with the rest of your moving items.
- There is a different fee for shipping a car or a bike.
- The shipping price depends on the vehicle model and distance between addresses.
If you are planning to move only the vehicle, it is possible too. All you need is to contact our moving members and get an accurate estimate.
How to reschedule the moving date?
It happens, sometimes for a reason, you might need to change the moving date. In this case, contact your moving company as soon as possible. It’s always easier to accommodate your next moving date when there is a sufficient time frame.
Think of the moving deposit. Usually, in case you change your moving date within 7 days, the deposit will be retained. But when you cancel or reschedule the moving date with notice more than 7 days in advance, the deposit will be retained 50%.
This is general information. To have accurate information from your moving expert, please call your movers directly.