Moving To Ottawa
Whether you move locally in Ottawa or are planning to move to another city in Ontario or even cross Canada, get a FREE moving quote at Camovers. Only professional companies will contact you.
When you choose Camovers, you will enjoy personalized customer service. If you are moving across Canada or just across the street, Camovers can help you find the best moving company.
Camovers provide variety of moving services in Ottawa:
A local residential move
All our professional moving companies will organize a home relocation in Ottawa for you. Movers in Ottawa and Toronto will take on all the hassle: packing, loading, transportation. For residents of an apartment building, our crew will carry out an apartment move and transfer all your belongings, furniture, and household appliances.
A local office move
A local office move needs extra attention! Are you afraid of the upcoming difficulties associated with moving office furniture, property, or equipment? To avoid stress you need the services of professional packers and movers Ottawa. Get a FREE moving quote from professional movers at CAmovers! You will get the best office moving service in Canada!
Long-distance move (houses, apartments, condos, offices, etc)
Camovers will help you to find the best long distance movers Ottawa for your moving project. Regardless of the distance, our top-rated movers will deliver your belongings safe and sound! You have an opportunity to choose not only professional and efficient movers but also at a competitive price. It’s all about honesty and transparency – because you deserve the best!
Cross Canada move
Let professionals handle your upcoming move from Ottawa to any other city in Canada of any size and scope. Moving such a long distance may seem daunting, but long distance movers Ottawa significantly will ease the process. Camovers are here to help you with finding movers, packaging materials, equipment and set the best prices for the services provided.
Moving to the USA & Cross border move
Our experienced cross-border movers will calculate the optimal transportation option in terms of price and speed. You get all your belongings in your new home, unpacked, and furniture will be reassembled.
Why you need to downsize when moving
As you have already noticed, moving is a complicated process. I suggest you downsize when moving to Ottawa. It is a good opportunity to get rid of anything you don’t need anymore. This is especially important when you are moving into a smaller home. It forces you to decide on what you really need. Start as early as possible, because the longer you’ve lived in your home in Kingston, the more things you’ll have accumulated.
By the end, you’ll understand that clutter and useless items diminish the quality of your life rather than enrich it.
Terms of payment
- Each move is unique. All people have different moving projects and their own needs. Therefore, we always advise our clients to fill in our FREE moving quote. This is the easiest way to agree on a list of necessary services and calculate the rough price of the move based on this.
- When moving locally there will be an hourly rate. Your moving cost will be calculated based on the working hours multiplied by movers (there could be a team of two, three, or even four movers and helpers) depending on the volume of your belongings and extra services that you might request (such as packing, disassembling and assembling furniture). At the same time, there might be additional fees for stairs, very heavy items, packing supplies, and parking tickets. At the end of the delivery, your Ottawa moving service will calculate the total cost based on the actual time spent on moving and costs of additional services.
- Our professional moving companies Ottawa do have a minimum of labor hours normally required: two hours on every day of the week with an exception of a three-hour minimum on Saturdays. For a three-mover crew, the minimum will be three labor hours. Usually, the moving company starts the clock upon arrival and stops it upon delivery completion. Moving companies Ottawa will not charge you by the full additional hour unless they have to: movers charge in 30-minute increments, so the charge will be rounded up accordingly. This principle applies to all the services which our GTA moving companies provide. Once you receive the moving quote, make sure you know the price range for your specific moving project in Ottawa.
What happens if you need to cancel your move?
It may happen that you do need to cancel or reschedule the date or time of your move. The reasons may vary, but the policy is always the same for most of the moving companies across the Greater Toronto Area.
What is your cancelation policy for long-distance moves?
- In this case, if you will cancel or reschedule your move 7 days before the scheduled date, your moving deposit will be retained. If you cancel or reschedule the move with notice less than than 7 days, your moving company will retain 50% of your deposit. We advise you to contact your moving company as early as possible. This will help streamline the process and save you money and time.
What is the cancelation policy for local moves within the Greater Toronto Area?
For local moves, the rules are slightly different. Whatever the reason you need to cancel or reschedule your moving date, keep in mind to contact your moving company as early as possible.
- If you cancel or reschedule your move within 7 days of the scheduled date, your deposit will be retained.
- If you cancel or reschedule the move with notice of more than 7 days, your deposit will be refunded or carried forward
What you can't put on a moving truck and why?
There is no one moving company in Canada that will carry dangerous cargo that, due to their inherent properties, pose a threat to human life and health, the environment, the safety of people, buildings, equipment, vehicles, and other material objects. These include:
Explosive, combustibles, and flammable substances
Anything that can be considered a hazardous material isn’t going to be allowed on a moving truck.
- Gasoline and Diesel
- Propane tanks
- Ammunition / Firearms
- Oxygen tanks
- Engine fluids
- Car batteries
- Prescription drugs
- Important documents
Besides the above, they are not allowed to transport animals and perishable goods.
It’s extremely important to follow the rules, otherwise, you could cause harm to others and damage to property.
Why not get a bit more information about the city you are planning to move to?
This is a clean city with the Rideau Canal going through it giving the place beautiful and scenic trails, walkways, running paths and bike lanes. This canal is also a famous tourist attraction, especially during the winter when it turns into a skating rink. There are parks, gardens, and open public places that people can enjoy all through the year. When it comes to the temperatures, from December to March, they do go to below zero degrees Celsius, but this should not be a mood dampener for when you decide to relocate as there are a lot of outdoor activities such as skating on the frozen canals and getting to see ice sculptures.
Folks in Ottawa
One of six individuals living here are subgroups with one in five being from other countries with Asia having the majority.
Quality of life in Ottawa
The folk who live here say that the city is quiet, reticent and family adjusted. Additionally, it does well in sections such as population development, number of medics, and culture.
Compared to other cities, the rate of crime is low in the town.
Household incomes in Ottawa
Even though the score on inexpensive accommodation is below average, there are still abodes in Ottawa that you can afford to reside in without breaking the bank. Since the place offers better earnings compared to others, paying for a house won’t be that hard.
Business and jobs in Ottawa
Back in the year two thousand and eight, the rate of joblessness was at sixteen percent, which was lower than the national average of five point nine percent. More than twenty-five thousand six hundred jobs have been created since then with the biggest employer being the federal government so, if you are planning on moving to Ottawa, then you can be sure of a job.
Education in Ottawa
Ottawa has a highly educated workforce with more than half the people there being graduates. We also have the highest number of scientists, engineers, and PhDs in the country.
Sports in Ottawa
This has a history going back to the nineteenth century. There are four professional sports teams that have won some championships. Apart from that, there is also plenty of amateur organized team plays such as soccer, basketball, baseball, rowing, and horse racing. Folks also love other fun activities such as skating, cycling, hiking, sailing, golfing, fishing and many other in Ottawa.
Even though there are rush hour times, it will not be as busy as other major cities. The 401 goes east to west through downtown, and it has been made bigger, therefore, easing traffic.
Transportation in Ottawa
It is fast to get around the city after you get to figure out all the roads and spots. There is a top-notch transport system in place that is soon going to be improved with an underground tunnel in the downtown core and light rail. Ottawa also has a brand new airport, two train stations, and a bus terminal.
Call Ottawa Movers today for help with the relocation.
Moving to Ottawa
There are numerous comforts that residents of Ottawa enjoy, and if you are planning to move into this city, the same amenities will be available. Ottawa moving companies are available to help out with the entire process.
At Camovers, we specialize in performing a wide range of moving services, including:
- hassle-free local moves,
- tailored cross-border moving, and
- the best cross-province moves Ottawa, Toronto, and other Canadian cities.
Our streamlined services are available across Canada, so don’t hesitate to contact us whether you’re moving from your home near the TD Place Stadium or need us to relocate your items to your new residence near the University of Ottawa.
Ottawa is just one of the cities we serve in Ontario and across Canada. You can also depend on us for full-service moving in Ottawa, efficient cross-province moves in Edmonton, and the leading long-distance moving services in Vancouver. Contact Camovers now and enjoy a hassle-free relocation.