Moving Vancouver to Halifax
Hire the best movers who provide safety and guarantees.
I’m here to help you with moving Coast to Coast.
Moving cost from Vancouver, BC to Halifax, NS.
Are you planning to move from Vancouver, BC to Halifax, NS? A reputable moving company charges from $1250 to $11700 on average from start to finish. This is just the ballpark average price range. Let me lead you in the right direction to save your money and time. I offer you fast and accurate quotes after receiving information about your future move.
Major ways to get from Vancouver, BC to Halifax, NS
The distance between Vancouver, BC to Halifax, NS is a really long way. You can see all of Canada. The driving distance between these towns is just 5,793.0 km! It’s a lot.
There are four major ways to get from Vancouver, BC to Halifax, NS. Choose a method that suits you best:
- The journey by car via I-90 E takes approximately 57 hours of non-stop driving. Traveling by car is a good option if you are going to stay at hotels along the way. In this case, your trip will take about 8 days. Why not. You can see all Canada.
- A flight from Vancouver International Airport (YVR) to Halifax Municipal Airport (YHZ) includes 1 hr transfer at the Toronto International Airport (YYZ). The approximate travel time is 7 hours. It’s for someone who estimates his/her time.
- The train between Vancouver, BC to Halifax, NS usually takes 5 days 7h. The train runs, on average, once a week.
- There is a second variant of a trip by train: via Chicago. This route will take only 3 days 23h and includes 4h transfer. Be careful, this road crosses through the United States of America. Verify COVID-19 border restrictions and read travel advice and advisories before going.
Keep in mind your journey time may be longer on weekends and holidays.
Do not forget that Halifax, NS is 4 hours ahead of Vancouver, BC.
Quick to-do list before moving from Vancouver, BC to Halifax, NS
You are very excited to move into the new house, impatient to start packing and leave as soon as possible. There are a number of things you need to do before moving. I want to share a quick to-do list before moving from Vancouver, BC to Halifax, NS:
- Get a moving quote and compare the prices with other companies. You will be surprised how prices may differ from one to another.
- Set out your budget. There are many money financial factors to consider.
- Notify your landlord. State the date and time you are moving out. It is very important because your homeowner may require to give him at least 60 days’ notice when moving out.
- Start packing beforehand or entrust it to our specialists.
- Moving with kids is always tricky. Among other things, you need to find a new school/kindergarten for your child in advance. Besides, it is necessary to notify school officials of your move, so that you can begin the enrollment process.
- Do not forget to cancel supplies of electricity, telecommunications networks, and other public utilities.
- Purchase moving insurance to avoid any unpleasant consequences.
- Notify your bank.
- Contact your health insurance provider, you may need to update your policy.
- Sell your seldom-used belongings. You won’t need it in your new home but many stores will gladly accept second-hand items. Donating is also a good option.
Important: if you are not sure that you can disassemble and assemble furniture without damaging it or without a significant investment of time – contact professional movers.
What if you need to reschedule the move?
How to reschedule your move if you have an existing reservation?
There are different situations in life, for example:
- work conflicts,
- bad weather conditions that may delay your move, and others.
At Camovers we are always ready to help you. All our moving members have procedures in place to reschedule your moving date to help you.
You can be sure our professional movers will definitely do the best to accommodate your moving needs:
- If you have a fixed date and location for your move but something went wrong. Then contact your moving company and warn them as early as possible.
- Very important to call no less than 7 days prior to your moving date.
- If your modifications are related to a change in the number of movers or hours – our moving members will update your booking.
In a nutshell: We are always ready to help! Don’t stress, call us!
Easy packing guidelines
Packing is one of the most time-consuming aspects of moving. I wanna share several useful packing tips:
- I recommend placing items by their purpose, common functions, room use, and other factors which can help you track your properties easier.
- Label each box by room and by its contents.
- Pack a box of must-have items like toothbrushes, a change of clothes, hygienic accessories, a make-up bag, a first-aid kit, etc.
- Do not fill boxes to the brim. This prevents boxes from being dropped or broken during transportation.
Do you know how to pack glasses and dishes when moving?
Be extra careful when packing fragile items such as glassware. Use packing paper, old newspapers, towels, or bubble-wrap. Due to this each glass and dish can be protected properly.
- First, crumple up several sheets of packing material in the box, enough to cover the bottom.
- Wrap and pack the biggest glasses first. Place mugs and glasses on the bottom of the box with lighter glasses on top. This way you will save your precious glasses.
- Before you seal the box, shake it a little bit. If you can’t hear any clicking sounds then you provided a good job.
How to pack and move glass or mirror
It’s more stressful with packing big pieces of glass-like: glass tabletops, mirrors, glass shelves, and glass picture frames. But no worries, I’m here to help you.
- For the start, gather all your glass pieces together. Wrap them all at once, it will help to save your time.
- You should use special wrapping material – moving blankets. It is safest to wrap two moving blankets all around the piece.
- Use moving rubber bands to keep the blankets in place.
- Wrap the entire piece of glass in bubble wrap, but remember that it’s hard to recycle.
- Finally, tape the bubble wrap to secure it during transportation.
Why is it important for you to sign and number moving boxes?
Your checklist is proof of the moving quantity. It’s much easier to find the essentials in the stack of boxes, pieces of furniture, baggage if they were logged.
Before signing a “Moving items checklist”- usually indicate the number of items you relocate. Your checklist is proof of the moving quantity. It’s much easier to find the essentials in the stack of boxes, pieces of furniture, baggage if they were signed.
Professional moving companies at Camovers will cope with any difficulties!
How to help small children cope with a move from Vancouver, BC to Halifax, NS?
Here are a few strategies to help small children cope with moving. Let’s take away the stress because I know it from my personal experience with my kids. So everyone can have a smooth move.
- Properly prepare your kids for upcoming changes. Talk about all moving nuances as frequently as possible, since children memorize and understand best through repetition.
- Manage your own stress. Every parent is a role model to his/her child. That is why it is very important to show your patience and confidence throughout all stages of the move.
- Remind your child that you are a team and everyone is moving together. If your child is old enough allow him to participate, to pack a few boxes of toys or clothes for example.
- Show your new place in advance. But Halifax is too far from Vancouver and you can’t show it to your child live – no trouble, show the photos. Another good idea is to point out sites that will matter to your kids: the playground, school, children’s cafeteria, or favorite fast-food restaurant.
How to find expert movers to move from Vancouver to Halifax or other cities in Nova Scotia?
At Camovers, we are ready to perform any moving service you might need. All our professional moving experts will help you with small and large residential and office local moves, any type of cross-border moving, and will provide exceptional cross-province moves in Vancouver, Halifax, and other cities across Canada.
Camovers – is a network of professional moving companies across Canada. Contact us if you are moving from a townhouse near Dalhousie University or if you need to relocate your belongings to the new place near the Halifax Central Library, or even when you moving to a brand new apartment close to Angus L. Macdonald Bridge
Halifax is just one of the cities we operate on the West coast of Canada. At Camovers you will get a full-service moving in Vancouver, efficient cross-province moves in Calgary, and the leading long-distance moving services in the Greater Toronto Area.
Contact Camovers now and enjoy a hassle-free relocation.